By Sam Griffith
Some interesting posts this week in jazz news. Danilo Perez is doing amazing work in his native country of Panama, a summary/review on the death of the Great American Songbook, the Nina Simone biopic premiered and robots are now playing jazz (and not just talking about it!).
- A pretty awesome recap of Danilo Perez’s jazz-related work in Panama.
- Jazz Sebastien Bach. We’ll discuss more about the career of Ward Swingle this week.
- Why happened to the Great American Songbook? This author gives a detailed account of how it died.
- Robots playing jazz. It’s only a matter of time before they go back in time to stop jazz from ever happening…
- Some insight into the content of the new Nina Simone documentary. Very intriguing, can’t wait till this is released for the general public.
- Herbie and Chick are hittin’ the road.
- A discussion about Herbie’s book.
If we have missed something, let us know!